Vision Ireland provide the following services to children, young people, their families, and other professionals to support access to and inclusion in mainstream, specialist, and further education.
- Environmental Accessibility Assessment
- Disability Awareness Training
- Communication and Learning Media Assessment
- Assistive Technology Training and Support
- Orientation and Mobility Training
- Resources and Strategies for Learning
- Transitional Planning
- Annual Gerard Byrne Bursary
Peer Connections Database
If you wish to be connected with someone with sight loss for advice and information on certain subject/course choices in education or specific career areas, we can provide access through our peer connections database.
The database currently provides access to people with experience and knowledge in areas such as studying practical subjects, maths and science for Leaving Certificate or higher education, careers in architecture, nursing, business, engineering, science, art, graphic design etc.
If you wish to be put in touch with someone please contact [email protected]
Early Years Support
Primary Years Support
Secondary Years, Higher and Further Education Support
- National Council for Special Education
- Exam Accommodations and Access to Further Education: Reasonable Accommodations in the Certificate Exams (RACE)
- Disability Access Route to Education (DARE)
- Higher Education Access Route (HEAR)
- Association for Higher Education Access and Disability (AHEAD)